Translate in your own language!

Sunday 9 March 2014

Healthy Cacao Smoothie in a Bowl

SORRY guys I'm uploading my easy Sunday so late on the day, has been busy. Had a brunch this morning at my boyfriends parent's place and baked a lovely carrot cake oatmeal for the occasion. After i went for a run in the sun, my lord it was such a beautiful spring day! After I went to visit my mom, sister and her 2 little kids. Love to sit there on a sunny day, their garden is on the south so perfect to chill a bit on a lazy Sunday afternoon!

Yup this delicious looking bowl is an easy Sunday, can you believe it? You just need 4 key ingredients and you can fancy it up if you'd like to. It's just a question of putting all the ingredients in a blender and top it off with some (off my) optional (favourite) toppings.



Without additional toppings

Ingredients

For the smoothie
1 banana
300ml almond milk
box of frozen strawberries of raspberries
2 tbsp cacao

Optional:
big hand of kale or spinach
protein powder

Optional toppings:
2 tbsp raw cacao nibs
10 raspberries
2 tbsp shredded coconut
 swirl of soy yogurt (about 100ml)

Add the banana, milk, frozen fruit and cacao and blend it in your blender until smooth. If you like your smoothies thicker add 200ml milk in stead of 300. I like to add kale or spinach for extra vitamins and the protein powder to be full longer.

Nutritional information for this recipe is without all toppings and add-ins, based on 2 servings. (With all add-ins and toppings is about 300 calories).



No comments:

Post a Comment